28 June 2008

Second Life - Gandhi Project

This blog is a journal and document regarding the online and treadmill powered reenactment of Mahatma Gandhi’s “Salt March to Dandi” in Second Life from March 12th through April 6th, 2008. I will be using this blog on a daily basis to document my progress and experience as the project evolves over the 26 days of “walking” throughout Second Life. Feel free to visit me in Second Life or on location at Eyebeam in New York City where I will be set up with my customized treadmill for the 26 days of the 240 mile march. -Joseph DeLappe

http://saltmarchsecondlife.wordpress.com/







"Hi all, I am finishing up a six month residency at Eyebeam in NYC - part of this involves a final exhibition of the results of my residency. Here is information on the exhibition - of particular note - I've created a 17' tall cardboard Gandhi replica of my Gandhi avatar from the Second Life reenactment of the Salt March conducted earlier this Spring. I created the monumental statue using adapted Pepakura papercraft techniques - the sculpture has been designed to be the same height as Michelangelo's David."
http://www.eyebeam.org.


No comments: