Artport is the Whitney Museum's portal to net art and digital arts, and an online gallery space for commissioned net art projects. The site consists of five major areas:
- The archive of "gate pages," which function as portals to net artists' works. Each month, an artist is invited to present their work in the form of a gate page with links to the artist's site and most important projects.
- The "commissions" area, which presents original net art projects commissioned by the Whitney Museum.
- The "exhibitions" space, which provides access to and information about current and past net art and digital arts exhibitions at the Whitney.
- The "resources" archive, which links to galleries, networks and museums on the Web; past net art exhibitions at venues world-wide; Web publications relating to net art and digital arts; as well as new media festivals. This archive is constantly evolving as new organizations and resources are added.
- The "collection" area, which archives the works of net art and digital art in the Whitney Museum's holdings.